Monday 6 September 2010

Hi Everyone, I'm Fine...How Are You?

Yes, there was a major earthquake in New Zealand (where I live) over the weekend. And, no, I wasn't affected. I live in Wellington and the epicentre was in Christchurch, hundreds of kilometres away. There's been a fair bit of damage to poor old Ch-ch, but perhaps miraculously, no fatalaties.

(Chillingly, my brother had been working in Christchurch for some time—but he returned home to Wellington just a week before the disaster.)

In other news…well, sorry, there is no other news. Fact is, there just hasn't been a lot of time in my life for writing in the last six months or so. I'm engaged to be married to a wonderful Japanese lady, I'm planning a big overseas trip (to Japan), I'm getting steadily more used to domesticity…and I just have other priorities these days.

Which is not to say that I don't want to go back to the story. I want to see it finished as much as you do—perhaps more so. But, well, I don't know how soon that's going to happen. I'm sorry.

7 Comments:

At 10 September 2010 at 15:15, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on your engagement!

 
At 30 October 2010 at 09:38, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't worry about having to finish the story.

It's a great read already and, as a fan of your writing, I would rather you you write for the joy of it, rather than forcing another chapter.

I wish you health and happiness and hope some day you'll come back to this story.

Thank you for the story so far.

 
At 2 November 2010 at 00:21, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for the story

 
At 10 December 2010 at 06:07, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for the story! Don't worry about it -- real life always trumps, especially when you're engaged. :)

Also, a question: do you mind if people roleplay the characters from SM4200, if proper credit is given?

 
At 10 December 2010 at 07:30, Blogger Angus said...

Not in the least!

 
At 8 March 2011 at 21:23, Blogger KHorselvr@aol.com said...

I just came back to this recently after not having read this in a long time (I think it was high school...) and am really happy with the new material I found! I wont say I'm not dying to know the answers to many of the questions you have posed, but hey the real world intrudes on us all sometimes. So don't worry too much about not having time to write, have a great marriage and when things calm down you can come back to this.

For most of your followers its enough to know you are still thinking about it, and it isn't abandoned. Or at least thats what I think.

 
At 21 March 2011 at 17:06, Anonymous Chris said...

Can you give us an update?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home