Monday 25 May 2009

Updates Today

Playing around today, and I've changed things a little so that SM4200 should display a lot better on handheld devices. (Always assuming that anyone would want to read it on a handheld, of course.) Thus:


  • There is an alternate contents page, which should look a lot better on a handheld. With luck, handhelds should automatically redirect to the new version, but I'm not sure that's working yet. (Will tinker some more tomorrow.) If not, the new handheld contents page can be viewed here.
  • The HTML stylesheet has been updated so that HTML-format chapters should look a lot better on a handheld now.

As I said, this may just be vain tinkering, but still. It's there.

4 Comments:

At 27 May 2009 at 08:23, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've actually been reading SM 4200 on a Palm device for years now. I grab the text files convert them to Palm format, synch the device and away I go. I havn't tried reading online with it though.

 
At 5 June 2009 at 21:22, Blogger Amanda said...

Hmmm, I don't know if a cell phone with a web browser counts as a hand-held device...does it? *shrugs
* When i first discovered SM4200, it was on my old t-mobile sidekick 2. I read the entire thing up til the last chapter on that thing. Wasn't too bad, really. I wouldn't have suffered through trying to read it on there, with my phone's buttons constantly messing up (it would wear out and random buttons would stick...which included the button that acted like "Page Down" on a computer keyboard) if I didn't love your story.

As always, looking forward to the next chapter! And good luck with your girl!

-Amanda

 
At 20 June 2009 at 04:05, Anonymous Chris said...

Angus! I am so excited to read this new chapter! Please give us an update

 
At 24 July 2009 at 21:38, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Angus....you still alive over there? haha Just curious, havent heard anything from ya in a bit. Hope to hear from you soon! Love from a big fan of your work!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home