Tuesday 6 July 2010

Slightly alarming...

Going into hospital for throat surgery tomorrow. My doctor says I have a "suspicious lump". Probably nothing, probably benign, but ... possibly not, so let's make sure.

Sigh.

It'll be just a day visit, not overnight, so I'll be home again tomorrow night, but they tell me I might have a certain amount of pain (all right, a lot of pain) swallowing for the next couple of weeks.

Oddly enough, I haven't really felt all that apprehensive about the whole thing. Kind of looking forward to the time off work, actually, although I probably won't be enjoying it. Right now, I just want it over with.



Update: Now finished surgery, back home in one piece. I seem to have come through OK (though I won't hear the results of the biopsy for a couple of weeks). But I miss being able to eat solid food...

5 Comments:

At 7 July 2010 at 05:16, Anonymous Anonymous said...

good luck, I hope it's harmless!

 
At 7 July 2010 at 10:44, Anonymous Dejana said...

Best wishes.

 
At 8 July 2010 at 00:50, Blogger Lynz said...

I'm glad the actual procedure seems to have gone okay. Now sending good thoughts your way for the results of the biopsy!

 
At 28 July 2010 at 01:31, Blogger rialisis said...

as long as it means you can carry on typing/writing.

I'm kidding, hope all is well.

 
At 30 July 2010 at 04:36, Blogger Amanda L. said...

Oh goodness. I just now read this. I notice it's been a while now and I'm wondering how you are now?

Keeping you in my thoughts, and I hope you are well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home