Thursday 21 May 2009

Progress Update

Yes, making progress. Glacial progress, but progress nonetheless.

I am so sick to death of the big combat scene in this chapter. There's nothing clever about it, just characters battering away at each other for page after page. It's close to finished, thank goodness, but these days I'm doing well if I can grind out more than three or four paragraphs at a time. Worse, the writing sometimes gets really disjointed when it's done a tiny piece at a time like this, which takes more work at the revision stage.

Oh, and I've started dating someone, which is also a bit of a distraction. :)

I have high hopes that once the friggin' combat scene is over I'll make better progress. Meanwhile I really didn't want this chapter to take two years to write, but that's the way it's coming out.

My apologies to you all.

3 Comments:

At 22 May 2009 at 19:17, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's fine Angus, something like this is well worth waiting for! I am patiently awaiting the next chapter, and congrats on the dating thing! Much loves!

 
At 23 May 2009 at 08:09, Blogger Jana said...

No apologies!

:)

Go out and have fun with the person you're dating! As always, real life comes first!

Us true fans will be here waiting patiently for the next exciting chapter!

 
At 19 July 2009 at 03:50, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update :)

Congrats on the new dating prospect :) Real life should always come first.

I've been waiting on SM4200 for what feels like (and could quite possibly be) a decade: through high school, college, and grad school. You've always delivered fantastic writing and you haven't abandoned the story. I can certainly wait even a few more years for the next chapter! (Though please don't make me wait that long. How about months? Months are good.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home