Wednesday 1 April 2009

Peccavi

Spent the last month or two writing a mammoth combat scene, thousands and thousands of words, and I rather think that I'm going to scrap most of it. I look back at it, now that it's finished, and what I mostly see are ridiculous excess, plus plot elements that I really don't want to see entering the story just yet. Instead I'm considering a much smaller, but tighter, combat sequence that, while it won't be half as dramatic (probably no suicide strikes involved, for example), will fit the bill a lot better.

Damn.

Up to nearly 74,000 words, but that's going to get cut back. (Although I'll save the original version and add it to the ‘omake’ file that I may post someday.) Meanwhile, sorry about the wait.

8 Comments:

At 1 April 2009 at 11:13, Anonymous Becca said...

As always--it's worth the wait. Good to hear you're still alive and doing well though. =D And that you're making process!

 
At 2 April 2009 at 12:25, Blogger Jana said...

Ditto the above comment.

:)

 
At 3 April 2009 at 21:44, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i third the above comments! cant wait to read this amazing chapter! ^_^

 
At 10 April 2009 at 17:16, Anonymous yoshawn said...

Can't imagine that it will be anything but great. Anxiously awaiting the next long chapter in your story.

 
At 15 April 2009 at 08:42, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What else can I do but "fifth" the above? Meh heh? That and stock pile my popcorn/soda collection for the glorious day when the wait is over. I get the feeling I'm going to need quite a bit of caffeine. Meh heh. *tackles* We love ya' Angus. No matter how long the wait. You're just awesome.


~Fenris B.

 
At 13 May 2009 at 10:33, Anonymous Chris said...

Can we have an update Angus? :)

 
At 20 May 2009 at 23:15, Blogger Amanda said...

I keep checking in every now and again, just to see how things are going. The itch to reread everything in preparation of the new chapter is growing day by day. Your story is just that good, I could never tire of reading it again and again. I'm glad your move went mostly well and that you're happy with it. As always, I'm very appreciative of the fact you keep a blog and update it at least once in a while. It was always unsettling when a writer or webcomic artist or the like just dropped off the face of the earth, never to return as far as I knew. Keep up the great work, and good luck ironing out the final kinks. Looking forward to preread it, if you'll still have me. <3
-Amanda

 
At 21 May 2009 at 07:02, Blogger Angus said...

Amanda - You're still on my list, don't worry. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home