Friday 27 June 2008

The State of Affairs

Well, well, well. It has been a while, hasn't it?

I'm still writing, but it's hard at present, yet again. My current problem is that chapter 14 sees a major rift develop among the senshi—an essential one, one that's been building for at least eleven chapters now—and some of them are being pretty unpleasant to one another. And it's hard to write.

The real problem is that my own opinion (and, I hope, yours too when the chapter finally comes out) is pretty solidly on one side of the argument. Yet I want to be fair; I want to show both sides, and try and garner at least a little sympathy for each. That's really hard, and I'm not convinced that I'll be able to do it.

Still, I'm working on it. 41,000 words and counting.

6 Comments:

At 28 June 2008 at 18:01, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to read that you're still on track - and the plot you're outlining intrigues me right now ...
keep on the good work - looking forward to the chapter!

 
At 6 July 2008 at 07:23, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So how much longer until we get to read it?

 
At 10 July 2008 at 13:13, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with the writing. I'll be here waiting. I mean it's bee, what, ten years now? :) Kinda amusing to realize I've grown up on this..

 
At 11 July 2008 at 17:16, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are such a tease! That one line makes me think of so many things that could happen, yet it doesn't actually give anything away. Thank you for the update. I hope plenty of free time for writing comes your way soon. :) Eagerly awaiting more as always!

 
At 12 July 2008 at 08:49, Blogger Jana said...

As everyone else said, good luck! And no pushing yourself.

:)

And has it REALLY been ten years? Wow, I feel old now...

 
At 17 July 2008 at 01:49, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been reading this fic since I sumbled onto it during computer class in 3rd grade. In just one month I'll be moving into my first dorm at college. I've grown up with this lovely story and these wonderful characters. Please keep up the good work! I'm really looking forwards to the next chapter.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home