Wednesday 25 April 2007

Holidays *grumble*

I've been on holiday this week. Officially. That's the theory. I was planning to get some serious writing done—really. But…total words written at the end of day five: zero.

Truth is, holiday or not, I've been at work anyway. Just a little thing that I'd agreed to do from home—it was only going to take a little time, maybe an hour or so, so why not? I wasn't intending to go away or anything; just a pleasant few days off at home. But of course, that "little thing" has completely dominated the whole holiday so far, and I've still got more to do tomorrow. With any luck Friday will be free. Maybe.

sigh

Oh, well, it hasn't been a completely wasted holiday. I've read some good books, got some new manga (new volumes of Red River and Boys Over Flowers! Yay!), installed some much-needed extra memory in my computer… I've finally got a headset/microphone so I can use Skype…

Now I just need to get something creative done.

5 Comments:

At 27 April 2007 at 22:07, Blogger Jana said...

Oh, I LOVE Boys Over Flowers!

Have you ever seen the anime? Or the live-action version?

 
At 28 April 2007 at 10:44, Blogger Angus said...

Jana--No, I haven't even looked for the anime or live-action version. Been tempted occasionally, but I just don't have the time. I'm following too many anime series already. ^_^

Incidentally I have now managed to get some work in on SM4200, so this week hasn't been a total write-off. It's up to 24,200 words.

 
At 28 April 2007 at 20:47, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wondering, Angus: Do you already have the entire story worked out in your head? I assume you have since you already have all of the chapter titles.
Anyway, I'm really looking forward to the next chapter.:)

 
At 28 April 2007 at 22:11, Blogger Angus said...

Almut: Yes, to at least some degree it's all planned out. So much so, in fact, that I've actually written the epilogue ("Coda") already.

Admittedly in some future chapters the outline is fairly thin and in others it's thick and heavy. For example, there's quite a lot planned for chapter 14, but my notes for chapters 15 through 17 are on the light side. A lot of the minor plot-lines, in addition, are not planned out -- I really don't yet know what's going to come of Hideo's "Senshi Watch," for example. But the overall shape of the main story is set.

(I've been thinking that after chapter 13 is done, it'll be time to go back through the entire story to date and re-plot the remainder, to make sure everything does get wrapped up.)

As for the chapter titles, they're officially provisional, and may be changed if I get sudden new ideas, but I don't think it's likely. Since I first posted them all, they've matched up pretty well when I came to write the actual chapters.

The posted title of chapter 21, incidentally, is only part of the full title. ^_^

 
At 30 April 2007 at 09:05, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wwo, you're planning a lot more carefully than some published authors. ^_^

 

Post a Comment

<< Home