Wednesday 8 November 2006

No, I haven't died. Really.

Well. It's been a while since I posted. Sorry.

As I said last time, I was away for a few weeks, visiting Singapore, Germany, Austria and Italy. (If you care, I liked Singapore and Munich; thought Salzburg was okay; didn't like Venice.) Since I got back, things have been…difficult.

I've done some of the most prolific writing I've ever done—over 17,000 words in a week—but none of it was fanfic. Instead it was a travel journal, to be passed to a family member who I'm not going to be able to see again for a long time. (You may recall that, back in October last year, I commented on a personal disaster. Well, the crows have come home to roost.) I was almost tempted to post the journal somewhere, but there seems little point.

Since then, well, I haven't much been motivated to write. Oh, I've done some work, beginning a major re-write of the problem sections of chapter 13—rewriting from scratch, I think the only way to save it— but it hasn't gone far yet.

I've been reading a lot instead; indeed I've discovered a whole new fanfiction genre and have gotten hooked on Kim Possible fan fiction. Keep having ideas for stories of my own, too, but I'll never write them. For one thing, I've, er, never actually seen an episode of KP. (Nevertheless…damn, but Kigo is more-ish.)

SM4200 is still strong in my mind. I will go back to it.

7 Comments:

At 9 November 2006 at 12:43, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's good to hear that you're not dead. It sounds like overall you enjoyed most of your trip. The travel journal was at least writing of some sort. And at least you're keeping us updated and informed. Another fic series I've been following for years now hasn't had an update in over two years, not even a note to say that it is still in progress. So while I (like most everyone else here) would love to see chapter 13, I'll wait. And go back to guessing about the next plot twist.

Joan

 
At 14 November 2006 at 04:30, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you're doing alright! As a reader, its difficult to not be too impatient, but you're one of the first I've seen (for the stories I read at least) that keeps a blog with updates on the story in question. It's always nice to hear, and nice to have the chance to drop encouraging words. I'm glad you wrote something, even if it wasn't for the story. I find that if I focus too long, too hard on one project without deviation, everything I write becomes stale, and I lose the inspiration. That goes for drawing as well, if I focus on one character or something like that for too long. It's always nice to take a break and refresh your poor brain. Hopefully the trouble spots will become more clear as you take a break and step outside of it for a little while (but hopefully not too long! ;P ).

Oh I sent you a long email while back, and I really loved the equally long replies. I was impressed at how personable you are, and appreciated the time you gave me. I promise the fanart I told you I would do is coming. Life just keeps getting in the way! Annoying isn't it? lol

Do have a good time this holiday season!

 
At 14 November 2006 at 07:10, Blogger Angus said...

Well, hey, if I'm not even going to answer email, I may as well give up entirely. After all, who am I writing this story for? I already know how it goes. ^_^

 
At 21 November 2006 at 10:25, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And just to remind you all - in exactly 7 days - one week - the latest release (chapter 12) will be having a one-year-commemoration -
Heh!

Take care
Helmut

 
At 27 November 2006 at 00:37, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i wanted to say that as one of your fanfic fans, i truely appreciate the dedication that you have put into this story. i will be a faithful fan till the end. you have restored my faith in sailormoon fanfiction! Recently i was listening to a CD by Tony Robbins, he was talking about standards. Your story is Outstanding because you never drop your standards. You keep working on it, because this is going to be one remarkable story once completed.

 
At 3 December 2006 at 05:06, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, if you are sort of stuck, you might invite musings and comments and plot speculations/extensions on the story that already exists. It might even stimulate you back to writing some more.

 
At 2 January 2007 at 13:46, Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy new year, Angus-sama! hope things are going well for you, and hope to see the next installment of the store sometime before..i dunno, summer? XD no rush, take care of yourself first! ^_^

 

Post a Comment

<< Home