Saturday 5 February 2005

Lifestyle changes, holidays and writing.

I've gone through some changes in the last few months.

Back at the beginning of November, I was diagnosed as diabetic. That came as a bit of a shock, if you like. My doctor told me that he thought it could be controlled with diet and exercise; but regardless, i was going to have to make changes to the way I lived my life.

So. I eat more sensibly, these days. Most sugar has been eliminated from my diet. (Not all. Just most.) I go for brisk walks—and I do mean brisk—at least half an hour every day, and often more.

I've lost over ten kilos. Most of my clothes don't fit me any more. My blood sugar reading is fine. I feel a good deal more energetic than I used to.

Somewhere along the way, writing seems to have dropped a little in priority.

 

I had to work all the way through Christmas, so I've taken the last two weeks off work. (Didn't go anywhere; just relaxed at home.) Very nice; I've enjoyed it a lot. And I meant to catch up on SM4200.

Didn't happen. The truth is, I haven't written a word since, hmm, early January at best.

Until this weekend. I've got to go back to work on Monday, so now I start writing. Timing, eh?

Ah, well. The story's moving along a bit, anyway. 7700 words now, and some unexpected elements have entered the chapter…as they always do. Asano Katai, a bit-character from back in chapter 2, makes another appearance.

And so it goes.


There's a fireworks display going on down in the harbour, as I write this, for Chinese New Year. (A few days early, but then it's the weekend.) I live a fair way from the harbour, but it's pretty deafening all the same. Kind of sorry I didn't go, now…

If you happen to celebrate Chinese New Year, and I don't post again before then, then: Happy New Year of the Rooster, and I hope it's a good one for you.

4 Comments:

At 9 February 2005 at 14:03, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your diabetes. My husband has blood sugar problems as well. I WISH he'd take walks to maintain his health and weight.

I wanted to put in a plug here for fanfictions for you to read instead of writing (though I'm anxious to read the new chapter, so I probably shouldn't encourage you to read fanfics).

Check out Dejana Talis' works. http://www.fanfiction.net/u/424377/
"As In Autumn" and "Misconception" are my favorites. She's a fairly new author but she is an AMAZING writer and she has some great new ideas.

Have fun reading and writing and stop on by A Sailor Moon Romance again sometime. :)

~ ruminant ~ (Yeah, too lazy to log in)

 
At 9 February 2005 at 18:10, Blogger Angus said...

Yes, I've read a few of Dejana Talis' stories (including Misconception); but I was startled to see how much else she's written on fanfiction.net. Will have to have a read this evening... :)

 
At 19 February 2005 at 16:58, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Feel better!!!

Don't worry about writing..the longer it takes the more we want to read it the better it is..yeah?

lynz

 
At 24 February 2005 at 06:18, Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad to hear you're doing so well...doing worry, we're willing to wait!
keep up the good work, Angus!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home