Tuesday 5 October 2004

Sometimes the easiest scenes are STILL the hardest

I said that my third rewrite of the opening to chapter 12 was finally working. Boy, did I have it wrong.

The good news is that the fifth rewrite definitely is working. I had to go back and tweak the end of chapter 11; that resolved the problem. Now, I'm finally making progress again. Current progress: 3016 words. (Yeah, it doesn't sound much more than in the last entry; but I've had to delete and rewrite most of what I had.)

 

Chapter 11 update: The pre-reader reports are trickling in. There are two in particular who've promised to respond but haven't yet; once I have those two, and have made any necessary adjustments, I'll go ahead and post the chapter. Sorry bout the delay, everyone.

5 Comments:

At 6 October 2004 at 05:18, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is obviously a labor of love for you. Don't worry, we know you're working on it. And I'm sure everyone appreciates what a huge time-sink it must be for you.
:glares around at group:
Thank you!
~DRD1812

 
At 6 October 2004 at 17:34, Blogger Angus said...

As much as anything, it's that, at present, I'm simply interested in writing. I'm doing other things as well, of course -- catching up on the reading, and on the mountain of DVDs I haven't watched yet, and even speaking to actual human beings now and then :) -- but I'm in a writing mood, too. It feels ... nice.

 
At 12 October 2004 at 04:56, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude, i love the story. can't wait 2 hear the near few chapter! ur an inspiration to all sailor moon fans out there!!

 
At 12 October 2004 at 17:31, Blogger Angus said...

Um, well, let's not get carried away, huh?
One of the reports I was waiting for is now in, by the way.

 
At 27 October 2004 at 14:59, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your story is absolutely amazing. I read it about a year ago and yesterday I came to the website to show a friend and found out you had updated! Can't wait for the next chapter.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home