Tuesday 17 August 2004

Another Block Hits the Dust

So, it's been a while since I posted.

The fight scene turned out to be a real bitch (if you'll pardon the language). I said before that it wasn't working; then i switched viewpoints and let Venus carry the action for a bit, and it went fine. Sadly, then I had to switch back to the other characters, and wound up right where I'd started. Wrote and re-wrote the following passage half a dozen times or so. No joy.

Well, not to end on a bad note, last Sunday night I finally found a viewpoint that worked, and chruend out a lot of words fairly quickly. The fight scene isn't done yet, but it's reaching the climax and that should go down fairly easily. (I really should have polished it off tonight, but—odd though this may sound—there was a Kabuki performance in town tonight, probably the first ever in New Zealand, and I didn't want to miss it.)

So. Chapter 11 currently stands at 27499 words and with luck it'll actually be finished this month or early next month. It's probably time for me to post a teaser of some description. Hmm...

3 Comments:

At 19 August 2004 at 17:12, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is wonderful to see that you are continuing with SM4200. I started reading the story years ago and I have all but stopped reading SM fanfiction. However, I still have your story bookmarked and will check it from time to time because it is, in my opinion, the most worthwhile SM story to read.

I enjoy reading your creation process, very interesting to know what goes into this story. So, keep it up! We can't for the next installment.

 
At 20 August 2004 at 18:48, Blogger Angus said...

I know, I know, I'm lamentably slow. But believe me, I want to get to the end of this story too!

 
At 21 August 2004 at 08:35, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! I meant that as a compliment not a comment on your writing speed! Your story has held my attention even after I lost interest in most things SM related.

.:Ash

 

Post a Comment

<< Home